Sunday, November 23, 2008

Almost Turkey Time

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving,
but I just couldn't sleep...
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned...
the dark meat and white,
but I fought the temptation
with all of my might.
Tossing and turning with anticipation,
the thought of a snack became infatuation.
So, I raced to the kitchen,
flung open the door
and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
stuffing with gravy,
green beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling
so plump and so round,
till all of a sudden,
I rose off the ground.
I crashed through the ceiling,
floating into the sky
with a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...
Happy eating to all -- pass the cranberries, please.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: