Monday, December 29, 2008

Requim For A Beta-Fish

The broken fish.

Grandson's Fish.

I regret to inform my readers that my 2nd Beta has had an at sea burial (aka) toilet bowl. Actually both betas belonged to my grandkids. They chose their own fish last June at a local pet store in Anchorage.
When we got them home and in new bowls, the granddaughter who was 2 1/2 at the time saw her beta wasn't active. In fact it was laying lifeless on the bottom of the bowl.She started sobbing and said. "Mommy my fish is broken." We later realized betas need clear bowls to flourish and she had been put into a pink-tinted bowl.
When we placed granddaughter's fish in a clear bowl she perked right up. The fish did too! The blue healthy fish didn't live as long as the broken one did. Broken passed away last night at 1 yr. 6 1/2 months and 15 days.
Blue lasted 1 yr. 3 months. I am hoping that's a long time in Beta years. Betas are very intelligent fish, they came to feed as soon as they saw us coming.R.I.P. lil fishies!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: