Saturday, November 25, 2006



Since You Got Your Computer...
To my darling Husband,
I am sending you this letter in a bogus software company envelope so that
you will be sure to read it. Please forgive the deception, but I thought
you should know what has been going on at home since your IBM computer
entered our lives two years ago.
The children are doing well. Tommy is seven now and is a bright, handsome
boy. He has developed quite an interest in the arts. He drew a family
portrait for a school project. All the figures were good but yours was
excellent! The chair and the back of your head are very realistic. You
would be very proud of him.
Little Jennifer turned three in September. She looks a lot like you did
at that age. She is an attractive child and quite smart. She still
remembers that you spent the whole afternoon with her on her birthday.
What a grand day for Jen, despite the fact that it was stormy and the
electricity was out.
I am also doing well. I went blond about a year ago and was delighted to
discover that it really is more fun! Lars, I mean Mr. Swenson, the
department head, has taken an interest in my career and has become a good
friend to us all.
I have discovered that the household chores are much easier since I
realized that you don't mind being vacuumed but that feather dusting made
you sneeze. The house is in good shape. I had the living room painted
last Spring. I'm not sure if you noticed it. I made sure the painters
cut air holes in the drop cloth so you wouldn't be disturbed.
Well, my dear, I must be going. Uncle Lars, Mr. Swenson, I mean, is
taking us all on a ski trip and there will be packing to do. I have hired
a housekeeper to take care of things while we are away. She'll keep
things in order, fill your coffee cup, and bring meals to your desk, -
just the way you like it. I hope you and the IBM have a lovely time while
we are gone. Tommy, Jen and I will think of you often. Try to remember
us while your disks are booting.
Love, Melinda
(Your Wife)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: